Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

January Beauty Buys: Hits & Misses


Ah, January. 
While I'm cooped up waiting out the polar vortex, my skin is dry, my hair is flat, and I'm seriously sun deprived. 
What else is there to do except buy things... Here are my latest hits & misses!
   
      
HITS

  • I hate my hair in the winter, and this stuff brings it back to life.
  • Love how it styles. After blow drying, just spray on and move around to your liking. Finishing with hairspray is optional, but I like to seal the deal with some hairspray.
  • It's perfect for short hair, especially on those days where it just lays there flat.
  • Double use as hairspray and root volumizer.
  • Basically I could just praise this stuff for days and days. I love it.
  • However, I don't really love the price. I feel like I use a lot of it really quickly and that it's going to be gone before I know it. I'll be looking for a cheaper alternative to try out next.


  • (That's a little overpriced - I got mine 50% off on a whim. Check around for deals.)
  • I love this as spot treatment. Use it for a couple days in a row to rid icky blemishes.
  • The smell is really strong, but not unpleasantly so.
  • I don't really like the rollerball feature... feels like all my zit germs are getting stuck in the rollerball. So, just use it on a q-tip or a cotton ball!
  • Overall it definitely quickly cleared up my problem areas. I like it a lot.


beauty: Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm, Target, $3.49 
  • The color is not at all as shocking as the stick depicts. It's actually a girly sheer pink that is universally flattering.
  • I was skeptical of this tinted lip balm because of the cheaper price, and I really don't care for Maybelline that much, but I really love this balm.
  • It goes on smooth like chapstick, hydrates as well as chapstick, and leaves behind a pretty color. What else could I want?


MISS (just one this time)

  • Terrible smell. It's like Play-Doh and grossness just mixed together. Apparently this wasn't always the case, but Burt's Bees recently changed the formula and now it's gross-smelling. Just my luck.
  • Totally overpriced.
  • Runny, thin consistency. I expected butter to be a little thicker.
  • Doesn't hydrate my skin any more than regular lotion does.
  • Nothing special / not worth the moola.


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment